Volunteer to be a part of the Philadelphia Marathon Weekend.
We're looking for at least 2,500 volunteers in several key areas for Race Weekend, including the two-day Health & Fitness Expo, the Rothman Orthopaedics 8K , Dunkin' Munchkin Run, AACR Philadelphia Marathon and Dietz & Watson Half Marathon.
As a volunteer, you'll have the chance to meet and help more than 30,000 runners and 60,000 spectators who come from every state in the nation and more than 50 countries around the world. If you have a great personality, a strong work ethic, and an interest in having fun, these volunteer opportunities are for you. Plus, all volunteers will receive a free Philadelphia Marathon Weekend apparel item!
There is a role for everyone! Sign up with friends, family, co-workers, schools and churches. You can work together and have fun while supporting this Philadelphia tradition.
Help make the Marathon Zero Waste!
Large public events like festivals, parades, athletic events, and concerts attract and entertain Philadelphia’s visitors and residents, but these events also produce a significant amount of waste. Events like the AACR Philadelphia Marathon are an opportunity to reduce waste and engage residents and visitors in the city’s Zero Waste efforts. You can help make Philadelphia the Home of Zero Waste Events by volunteering as a Philacycler at this year's event. Help us break 2017's record of 90% waste diversion from the landfill! You will help sort materials into the proper bins at the Start/Finish zone and receive a free limited 2019 AACR Philadelphia Marathon Philacycle hoodie.
- Volunteers must carry a photo ID with them at all times during their assignment and be prepared to show this to race officials and security personnel, upon request.
- Volunteers must wear their AACR Philadelphia Marathon volunteer sweatshirt/t-shirt and credential (if provided).
- If at any time during your assignment you have a problem, notify your team captain immediately, who will inform the proper authorities.
- Dress appropriately – casual and for the weather. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Do not bring backpacks, cameras, or other valuables with you to your assignment. The race is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Volunteers are required to obey the "No smoking" and "No alcohol" policy for the duration of their assignment.
- Refreshments will be provided for volunteers checking in at the Health & Fitness Expo or for race events. --Volunteers working along the race course should bring a lunch.
- Volunteers working food and fluid distribution at the start, along the course and at the finish line will be given vinyl gloves that must be worn at all times.
- As a volunteer, be prepared to answer many types of questions. Take pride in your role. Familiarize yourself with the course maps and Start/Finish diagrams and all weekend events.
Volunteer sign up will be available in July/August 2021, so check back with us then!