The AACR Philadelphia Marathon
In Philadelphia, we redefine the experience of what a marathon should be. A beautiful, fast and scenic course, an engaging atmosphere—it’s no wonder we’re consistently listed among the top ten marathons in the country, recognized for our mellow weather and spirited fans.
Expect beautiful views through Fairmount Park and along the Schuylkill River and neighborhood residents cheering in University City and Manayunk. Weave through the well-traveled streets of our historic district, passing sights familiar to Franklin, Washington and the rest of the gang, and end your race speeding towards the steps of the majestic Art Museum.
Digital splits are provided at the 5K, 10K, 15K, 13.1 mile, 30K, 40K marks along the course, and fluid stations and spectator overlooks are set up throughout the course.
The Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Events are USATF sanctioned and course-certified.
Due to safety concerns, handcrank bikes are not permitted at any Philadelphia Marathon Weekend events.
Date and Start Time
November 24, 2024
6:55 a.m. – Push rim wheelchairs
7:00 a.m. – Runners/Walkers
22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway, near the Philadelphia Museum of Art
$100 (until January 14)
Age Group Awards
Age group increments are: (16 to 19, 20 to 24, 25 to 29, 30 to 34, 35 to 39, 40 to 44, 45 to 49, 50 to 54, 55 to 59, 60 to 64, 65 to 69, 70 to 74, 75 to 79, 80+)
Finishers Will Receive
A technical shirt (women’s cut available)
A finisher medal
An online finisher certificate
* Maps subject to change.
Please note: The start line will close after the last athlete in the last corral crosses the timing mat.
- Columbus Boulevard & Race Street – Mile 2.8
- Front Street & Washington Ave. – Mile 3.7
- 6th & Walnut Streets – Mile 5.1
- 31st & Walnut Streets – Mile 7.1
- 34th Street & Fairmount Avenue – Mile 8.5
- Avenue of the Republic at Carousel House – Mile 10.2
- Lansdowne Dr. @ Sweetbriar Lane, just after traffic circle – Mile 11.8
- Edgley Drive @ Power Corps Headquarters Building – Mile 14.4
- Kelly Drive & Fountain Green – Miles 15.8 & 24.8
- Kelly Drive & Ferry Street – Miles 17.8 & 22.3
- Main Street & Ridge Avenue – Miles 18.9 & 21.3
- Main & Cotton Streets, Winnie’s LeBus – Miles 19.8 & 20.2