The AACR Philadelphia Marathon
In Philadelphia, we redefine the experience of what a marathon should be. A beautiful, fast and scenic course, an engaging atmosphere—it’s no wonder we're consistently listed among the top ten marathons in the country, recognized for our flat terrain, mellow weather and spirited fans.
Expect beautiful views through Fairmount Park and along the Schuylkill River and neighborhood residents cheering in University City and Manayunk. Weave through the well-traveled streets of our historic district, passing sights familiar to Franklin, Washington and the rest of the gang, and end your race speeding towards the steps of the majestic Art Museum.
Digital splits are provided at the 5K, 10K, 13.1 mile and 30K marks along the course, and fluid stations and spectator overlooks are set up throughout the course.
The Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Events are USATF sanctioned and course-certified.
Runner referral program: Share your love of the Philadelphia Marathon Weekend!
Refer your friends and family to join you for the AACR Philadelphia Marathon, Dietz & Watson Philadelphia Half Marathon, Patriot Challenge, Independence Challenge, Liberty Challenge or Freedom Challenge, and receive money back or runner perks. Learn more
Notes for 2022 registration:
In accordance with guidance provided by the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, all 2022 Philadelphia Marathon Weekend runners will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to race weekend. Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is currently defined as having completed a CDC or World Health Organization-authorized vaccination series two weeks prior to race day.
Due to safety concerns, handcrank bikes are not permitted at any of the 2022 Philadelphia Marathon Weekend events.
- VIP packet pick-up area at expo
- Private heated hospitality tent near the start/finish of race
- Pre-race breakfast: Continental light fare to include but not limited to: assorted bagels, muffins, toast, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices
- Post-race brunch with select open bar (must be 21 years old with proper ID)
- Private restrooms, changing tents and bag check
- Open stretching area and self-treatment area.
Already registered and want to upgrade? It's not too late! Click here to upgrade.
(go to ADD-ONS in your Run Signup account to add the VIP package to your existing registration)
Date and Start Time
November 20, 2022
6:55 a.m. - Wheelchairs
7:00 a.m. - Runners/Walkers
22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway, near the Philadelphia Museum of Art
$140.00 (Aug 15 to Sep 14)
Age Group Awards
Finishers Will Receive
A technical shirt (women’s cut available)
A finisher medal
An online finisher certificate
* Maps subject to change.
Please note: The start line will close after the last runner in the last corral crosses the timing mat.
- Columbus Boulevard & Race Street – Mile 2.8
- Front Street & Washington Ave. – Mile 3.7
- 6th & Walnut Streets – Mile 5.1
- 31st & Walnut Streets – Mile 7.1
- 34th Street & Fairmount Avenue – Mile 8.5
- Avenue of the Republic at Carousel House – Mile 10.2
- Lansdowne Dr. @ Sweetbriar Lane, just after traffic circle – Mile 11.8
- Edgley Drive @ Power Corps Headquarters Building – Mile 14.4
- Kelly Drive & Fountain Green – Miles 15.8 & 24.8
- Kelly Drive & Ferry Street – Miles 17.8 & 22.3
- Main Street & Ridge Avenue – Miles 18.9 & 21.3
- Main & Cotton Streets, Winnie’s LeBus – Miles 19.8 & 20.2