The Philadelphia Marathon has grown tremendously since our first race in 1994. What started as a small local event of just 1,500 participants has become one of the top-10 marathons in the country. Our beautiful and scenic course takes runners past historic landmarks, through urban neighborhoods, and along Philadelphia's picturesque waterfronts. Of course, you can't forget the crowds.
Each year, spectators line the course, eager to cheer on runners, because there's nothing we love more in this town than champions.
Race Weekend 2020 features the AACR Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday, November 22; the Dietz & Watson Half Marathon, Rothman Orthopaedics 8K and Dunkin' Kids Fun Run on Saturday, November 21; and a free two-day Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, November 20 and Saturday, November 21.
The Philadelphia Challenge is now closed! If you registered for the Philly Challenge, registration links for the Blue Cross Broad Street Run 10-Miler will be emailed to you in February.
VIP Packages are available: Be sure to sign up for our VIP package during registration - it includes private restrooms, changing tents, bag checks, and more!
- VIP packet pick-up area at expo
- Private heated hospitality tent near the start/finish of race
- Pre-race breakfast: Continental light fare to include but not limited to: assorted bagels, muffins, toast, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices
- Post-race brunch with select open bar (must be 21 years old with proper ID)
- Private restrooms, changing tents and bag check
- Recovery zone including padded stretching area with padded mats, self-treatment area, first aid station and massage
- Finishers merchandise and marathon weekend commemorative items for sale
Already registered and want to upgrade? It's not too late! Click here to upgrade.
Please note: The start line will close after the last runner in the last corral crosses the timing mat.