Philadelphia 76 Challenge
Registration is now closed - Thank you for all who participated!
T-shirts and medals will be mailed out in mid-to-late August.
Congratulations to the winner of the 76 Challenge Grand Prize, Alison Novak, who will receive tickets to a future Philadelphia 76ers game!
The inaugural Philadelphia 76 Challenge is a month long challenge that is designed to encourage people to live an active lifestyle. The challenge lets you log your mileage anytime, anywhere!
Participants can log miles by running, walking, arm swinging in a wheelchair, biking, swimming, and even fitness classes! If you’re not up for the full 76 miles (about 2.45 miles a day), create a team and split it up! There will be weekly contests throughout the month with prizes, valued up to $250 each, to keep you engaged and motivated.
It's a fun distance and it’s the iconic year of 1776, which is how the 76ers (one of the City’s beloved professional sports team) selected its team name! Hint: everyone who registers for the challenge will be eligible for the grand prize of either a family 4-pack of tickets to a future 76ers game (valued at $500) OR a 76ers merchandise package (valued at $250)!
How does it work?
The Philadelphia 76 Challenge is a virtual program where participants will complete 76 miles of physical activity between July 1st and July 31st, 2020. Not quite ready to take on 76 miles? You also have the option to create a team to split up your physical activity within the same timeframe. This is a great way to get friends and family involved! Teams can be created for two or more people, and you can all run 76 miles, or even split the distance up!
Participants will also have the chance for additional prize packs as running contests with prize packages will be given away weekly. Prizes include weekly packages valued up to $250. There will also be a grand prize of a family 4-pack to a future 76ers game (valued at $500) OR a 76ers merchandise package (valued at $250).
You must be registered for the virtual challenge to play along each week! No prize substitutions.
June 22nd: Registration Opens
July 1st: First day to log and submit miles
July 15th: Last day for guaranteed registration for finisher's medal
Jul 31st: Last day to log and submit miles (11:59 p.m. EST)
Back on My Feet, a national organization operating in 13 major cities across the US, combats homelessness through the power of running, community support, and essential employment, and housing resources.
Philadelphia 76 Challenge (solo) - $45
Philadelphia 76 Challenge (relay team) - $45
What is the Philadelphia 76 Challenge?
The inaugural Philadelphia 76 Challenge is a month-long challenge (with weekly contests) that encourages people to live an active lifestyle.
The challenge allows tracking mileage anytime, anywhere! Participants can log miles by running, walking, arm swinging in a wheelchair, biking, swimming, and even fitness classes!
If you’re not up for the full 76 miles (about 2.45 miles a day), create a team and split it up!
Join the challenge for a chance to win a grand prize of a family 4-pack of tickets to a future 76ers game OR a 76ers merchandise package (valued at $250)!
How to complete the challenge:
Tracking your mileage is super easy - Once you do it a few times, you'll get the hang of it!
- Beginning July 1st, you can login to RunSignup. We recommend letting it remember your username/password as you'll be here often!
- Go to the RESULTS page. We recommend bookmarking this page so you can find it quickly.
- Click "SUBMIT VIRTUAL EVENTS"
- Select your activity.
- Select the current day or the day (between July 1st and July 31st) for which you are entering the miles.
- A second box says "Miles" - Enter the number of miles completed that day.
- Click "Submit your time".
You’re finished! RunSignup will automatically update your total distance and show you your total progression to date!
- Printable digital bib
- Pre-shrunk, soft ring spun cotton short sleeved t-shirt (male/female)
- Printable finishers certificate
- Unique Philadelphia 76 Challenge finisher's medal (the bell actually rings!) - guaranteed to everyone who registers prior to July 15.
- You must be registered for the Philadelphia 76 Challenge as a solo participant or relay team to win.
- You must follow us on Facebook or Instagram as this is where the contest will take place and be tracked.
- Contest details will be announced every Sunday. We will kick off the first contest on July 5th and the last on July 26th.
- All participants will have until Friday of the given week at 11:59pm EST to submit their entries (hint: you will be submitting via social media). All winners will be announced on the following Tuesday. The first winner will be announced on July 14th and the final winner will be announced on August 4th.
- Contests will include submitting pictures, commenting, using #hashtags; the normal things we do on social media! They won’t be hard, but you will have to participate in order to win!
- Winners will be selected randomly.
- Only one person will be selected for the grand prize of a family 4 pack to a future 76ers game, valued at $500 OR a 76ers merchandise package (valued at $250). If you are part of the relay team you may have to share
- Further, I grant permission to all the foregoing to use my name, voice and images of myself in any photographs, motion pictures, results, social media, publications or any other print, videographic or electronic recording of this event for legitimate purposes.
Running's more fun with friends!
You can get referral rewards by inviting your friends to join -
- Refer 5 registrations and get a $20 refund
- Refer 10 registrations and get a $40 refund
- Refer 15 registrations and get a $40 refund + a 76 Challenge beach towel.
Referrals can only be credited to you when a registration is completed using your unique URL. Make sure your friends and family use your link to get to the registration site!
Your unique URL can be found in your RunSignUp account: To find the URL, or the status of your referrals, log in to RunSignup.com, click on My Profile, under Runner Links section (at the bottom), My Referrals.