2023 Brand Ambassador Program
We are so excited to announce our 5th Annual Philadelphia Marathon Weekend Ambassador Program! We started this program in 2018 to help us reach running communities throughout the USA and the world to spread awareness about the Philadelphia Marathon Weekend and reach audiences who may look different, have differing backgrounds, speak another language, and have varying ability levels; but all share the same love for running and have a unique story to tell.
Our Ambassadors have qualified for the program through their diverse geographic location, activity level, and follower count on social media. They post every week about their involvement with the Philadelphia Marathon Weekend to share their passion for running (especially running Philly!) with their followers. Ambassadors receive perks like training gear, Philadelphia Marathon Weekend SWAG, access to special events during race weekend, and more!
- Must have 3,000+ followers on at least one social media platform (Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook)
- Social media profile(s) must be public and personal (can be a personal brand, but no business or group profiles)
- Must be registered for the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Challenge (8K and 13.1, or 8K and 26.2 or 13.1 and 26.2 or 8K, 13.1 and 26.2 or 13.1 and 26.2) by July 1st.
- Must be willing to engage on social media on a weekly basis from June through November.
- Must be willing to share contests, promotions, and announcements upon request (not more than twice per week).
- Must familiarize yourself with the marathon website and social platforms to help answer questions if asked of your audience (of course we are here to help).
- Must be able to use Google Docs and Google Drive to provide proof of posting and adhere to posting guidelines.
- Must have a computer and be able to designate time for monthly video conference calls, limited to 45 mins per call, via zoom. Zooms will be held the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 12:00pm & 7:00pm EST.
- Must be willing to travel to Philadelphia on your own expense for race weekend (lodging, travel & meals).
- No previous race experience required. All levels are welcome!
Note: All are welcome to apply and all applications are reviewed.
- Official marathon weekend merchandise, including pre-race in-training SWAG and custom designed Brand Ambassador jacket.
- Invitation to the press conference, VIP packet, and access to your race(s) VIP tent on race weekend.
- Race weekend VIP reception and meet and greet.
- Social media mentions on all platforms.
- Join and amazing community of fellow Ambassadors, past & present!
Applications for the 2023 Brand Ambassador Program is now closed. We will contact selected candidates after the review process. Thanks for your interest!