Join the AACR Runners for Research Team and Run to Save Lives!
Become part of a community that puts more meaning in their miles by raising funds for cancer research. Whether you’re planning to run the AACR Philadelphia Marathon, Dietz & Watson Half Marathon, or the Rothman 8K, we invite you to join the AACR Runners for Research team! The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) works every day to understand, prevent, and cure all types of cancer by promoting research, supporting scientists, and raising awareness for the more than 200 types of cancer.
Why Join Our Team
With a minimum fundraising pledge of $100, your efforts will support critical lifesaving cancer research, as 88 cents of every dollar raised directly supports the groundbreaking work of the AACR. Learn about how to join us in the race against cancer and our amazing team benefits below.
Join Our Team During Registration
Click on the AACR Runners for Research button below to register for the distance of your choice. Be sure to select the AACR Runners for Research registration category, followed by your preferred race. As you complete the registration form, you will have the opportunity to create and customize your fundraising page, as well as create/join a team.
Be sure to customize your fundraising page and share your WHY!
All registered runners who meet the minimum $100 fundraising pledge will receive:
- AACR Runners for Research bag
- AACR Runners for Research t-shirt
- Finding Cures Challenge medal
- Invitation to AACR Runners for Research Welcome Reception
- AACR Runners for Research (heated) team tent access with bag check, snacks, changing pod, etc.
- One (1) entry into the AACR Runners for Research drawing for a space on the team at the 2021 Blue Cross Broad Street Run
- Access to local training runs, opportunities to run on behalf of the AACR in other local races (where entries are available), and fundraising tips and tricks!
When you hit the below fundraising goals, you are eligible to receive:
- $150: Long-sleeved AACR Runners for Research tech shirt
- $350: AACR Runners for Research hat
- $500: Race reimbursement (up to $105 for marathon / $50 for half) *
- $800: AACR Runners for Research hoodie
- $1,000: AACR Runners for Research backpack
- $5,000: 2 (two) VIP passes for race morning
- $200: Long-sleeved AACR Runners for Research tech shirt
- $300: AACR Runners for Research hat
- $400: Race reimbursement (up to $35) *
- $600: AACR Runners for Research hoodie
- $800: AACR Runners for Research backpack
- $2,500: 2 (two) VIP passes for race morning
* In order to be eligible for the refund, please be sure that this option is selected upon setting up your fundraiser. This button is available on the “Become a fundraiser” set up page of the registration form.
- The team who raises the most funds will receive a designated team table at the Welcome Reception, as well as an award to be presented at the Welcome Reception.
Additional Fundraising Prizes:
- The top three participants to raise over $1,500 will receive one (1) guaranteed entry to the 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run.
- For every $100 you raise you will earn one (1) additional entry into the lottery for a space on the AACR Runners for Research team at the 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run
Are you already registered for a Philadelphia Marathon weekend event, and would like to join the team?
Any registered runner can become a fundraiser after signing up. You simply need to log in to your RunSignup profile, click on “My Registered Races” followed by “Manage” next to the registration you wish to manage. Lastly, click on “Fundraiser” in the top menu and scrollw down to “New Fundraiser Linked to Registration” to begin setting up your AACR Runners for Research page.
Other ways to get involved:
- Join the AACR Runners for Research Strava Club to take part in weekly virtual training runs over the coming months. To join, log in to the Strava App and click on “Explore”. Enter “AACR Runners for Research” and select “Join” to become a member!
- Follow AACR Runners for Research on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest team activities!
Questions? We’re here to help!