Join the AACR Runners for Research Team and Run to Save Lives!
Become part of a community that makes each run count, by raising funds for cancer research. We welcome you to join the AACR Runners for Research team for the AACR Philadelphia Marathon, Dietz & Watson Half Marathon, or the Rothman 8K! The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) works every day to understand, prevent, and cure all types of cancer by promoting research, supporting scientists, and raising awareness for the more than 200 types of cancer. Learn about our amazing team benefits and fundraising prizes below.
JOIN OUR TEAM DURING REGISTRATION
As you go through the registration process for any race, you will find a step with an option to “Become a Fundraiser.” As you scroll down this page, you either create or join a team as well, and then you will have the ability to customize your fundraising page. And we’re here to help you along the way with fundraising tips!
You can also get your colleagues to join the Comcast Business Corporate Challenge and unite for cancer research as an organization. Simply check the registration box to add your company to the Comcast Business Corporate Challenge and encourage your colleagues to join you in raising funds for the American Association for Cancer Research through AACR Runners for Research.
Are you already registered for a Philadelphia Marathon weekend event, and would like to join the team?
Any registered runner can become a fundraiser after signing up. You simply need to log in to your RunSignup profile, click Manage Registration for the Philadelphia Marathon, and then Fundraiser. You'll be able to create a page from there.
All registered runners will receive:
- AACR Runners for Research bag
- AACR Runners for Research Tee shirt
- AACR Runners for Research (heated) team tent access with bag check, snacks, changing pod, etc.
- Finding Cures Challenge Medal
- One (1) entry into the AACR Runners for Research lottery for a space on the team at the 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run
- The top three participants to raise over $1,500 will receive one (1) guaranteed entry to the 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run.
- For every $100 you raise you will earn one (1) additional entry into the lottery for a space on the AACR Runners for Research team at the 2020 Blue Cross Broad Street Run.
- When you fundraise the below amount, you will be eligible to win the corresponding prizes!
Marathon and Half Marathon Runners
$125 - Performance T-Shirt
$300 - Moisture Wicking Running Hat
$500 - Race Reimbursement ($105 for marathon, $50 for half)
$800 - AACR Runners for Research Hoodie
$1,000 - AACR Runners for Research Backpack
$100 - Performance T-Shirt
$200 - Moisture Wicking Running hat
$400 - Race Reimbursement ($35)
$600 - AACR Runners for Research Hoodie
$800 - AACR Runners for Research Backpack
Support Cancer Research
Funds raised support the AACR and cancer research, where 88 cents of every dollar goes to support lifesaving cancer research for more than 200 types of cancer.