Race Scoring & Timing
The Philadelphia Marathon, Half Marathon and Rothman Institute 8K races all utilize the Chronotrack B-Tag—a single use bib tag—to record each runner's official time.
In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm that your bib is:
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, runner belts, water bottles, etc.)
To provide a more pleasant and safe experience, the Philadelphia Marathon & Half Marathon will once again use wave starts for this year's event. Our timer wants to be sure you have this important information regarding your finish time.
- Each runner's official clock does not start until their wave starts.
- Each runner's time is based on how long it takes you to cross the start after your wave has started, NOT after first wave has started.
- Race winners will be notified once the majority of the results have been tabulated.