Mayor's High Five Award
Are you the next Mayor's High Five Award winner? If you know someone who has faced imposing obstacles, has overcome tragedy or displayed tremendous perseverance to reach the Philadelphia Marathon starting line, nominate them for the Third Annual Mayor's High Five Award! Inspired by Mayor Michael A. Nutter's well-loved high-fiving of race competitors as they cross the starting line, the award recognizes one 26.2-miler who has demonstrated that sometimes, getting to the starting line is as much a victory as crossing the finish line.
Mayor Nutter will announce the award recipient at a news conference which kicks off Philadelphia Marathon Weekend, at the Health & Fitness Expo, on Friday, November 16, 2012. Nominations are now being accepted; you can nominate yourself or someone else. For criteria and more information, please review the information below. Who knows, your story of courage, inspiration, fortitude, passion or pride may be something to celebrate . . .with a marathon high five!
Nominee Criteria and Instruction:
- Anyone can nominate a runner who is registered for the 2012 Philadelphia Marathon, and runners are permitted to nominate themselves.
- Nominee must share a story displaying courage, inspiration, pride or perseverance and whose pre-race journey to the Philadelphia Marathon starting line is as much a victory as crossing the finish.
- Nominee must be a participant in the 2012 Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday, November 18, 2012.
- Nominee must be willing to make their story public in the media.
- Nominee must submit their story in 500 words or less.
Do you know somebody who has what it takes to be the next Mayor's High Five Award winner? Send an email to HighFiveAward@gmail.com requesting an official nominee form. One will be emailed to you shortly.