- THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ON REGISTRATION—NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Registration fees are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- We prefer that you register online, but you may also download a mail-in registration form if necessary. There is a $15 processing fee for mail-in registration forms.
- You are not considered registered until payment is received by the Philadelphia Marathon.
- THERE IS NO RACE PACKET PICK-UP ON RACE DAY. Race packets must be picked up at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, November 16, or Saturday, November 17.
- ROTHMAN INSTITUTE 8K PARTICIPANTS MUST PICK UP THEIR RACE PACKETS ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16, BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 12:00 PM AND 9:00 PM.
- As part of your runner package, shirt sizes and cuts are distributed on a first come, first served basis at packet pick-up.
Starting Line Instructions
Rothman Institute 8K participants should arrive at the designated starting area on 22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway by 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 17. Marathon and Half Marathon participants should be at the starting point at 22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway by 6:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 18.
In order to make sure that every person has a great race experience, participants line up in waves by color corrals to reduce any bottlenecks. Your wave corral will be walked up to the start line, and once the horn for your color sounds, you can take off!
Color corral and start/finish area maps will be available for download closer to race weekend.
Drinking water and Porta-Johns will be available at the starting line. Be sure to wear the number given to you in your packet on the front of your shirt.
The course is sanctioned by USA Track & Field. NO bicycles, skateboards, scooters, baby joggers, strollers, roller skates or blades are permitted on the race course during the Marathon, Half Marathon or Rothman Institute 8K.
Digital splits are provided at 10K, 13.1 mile and 30K marks.
Water stops will be set up at the start/finish line and at designated spots throughout the length of the course. At each water stop, runners will have the choice of either water of Gatorade.
Additionally, energy gels will be available at designated water stops along the course.
Gear check will be provided free of charge to all race participants near the start line in Eakins Oval on race day. Your bib number is required for identification to drop off and pick up your runner bag at the gear check station. You are advised not to leave anything of value with your gear, as the Philadelphia Marathon is not responsible for any unclaimed, lost or stolen items.
Additionally, male/female changing tents will be available near the on the gear check stations on the morning of Sunday, November 18.